Lets Learn Umbraco 1 - Introduction
Remember! For this series, I am using Umbraco 7.4 which has significant changes compared to previous versions of Umbraco.
Content Management Systems
A CMS is a system or program allows you to edit content without writing code.
Layout and Terminology
Umbraco admin panel consists of 3 different sections:
- Allows the editing of the content of the website.
- Allows uploading media files to be used in the content of the website.
- Usually used for web designers to work with CSS and JS files, to change the appearance of the website.
- Changes based on the sidebar selection.
- Changes based on the sidebar / menu selection.
Property Editor and Data Types
- Characteristic of something or a short description (e.g. Page Title, Id)
- Data Type
- Information allowed into that property (e.g. Text Field, Auto Generated Number)
- Property Editor
- The code that data types are created from